New car dealers of Hampton Roads and all area media are supporting the USO through a charity cookout at the 49 participating dealerships. Everyone with a military ID enjoys a free hotdog or burger. Everyone else gets one with a donation to USO.
Saturday, July 21, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All Hampton Roads media are supporting this program through pro bono advertising campaigns:
- Entercom radio group (2WD, 95.7R&B, Z104, 94.9Point)
- iHeart radio group (103Jamz, Movin107, 92 Beat, Now 105)
- Max Media radio group (Eagle97, Wave, ESPN, Star)
- Sinclair radio group (96X, WTAR, WNIS, 106 Country)
- Saga radio group (FM99, 106Fox)
- Cox Media
- WVEC TV13
- WAVY TV10/WVBT FOX43
- WTKR TV3
- WSKY TV4
- The Virginian-Pilot
- Flagship Military Newspaper
In addition to donations from the hotdogs and burgers, dealerships will donate $25 for every test drive that day.
Dealerships will accept "cup-holder" change from anyone stopping in to donate.
The USO of Hampton Roads will receive all donations.
A link on the Hampton Roads Automobile Dealers Association (HRADA) website will have a list of all participating dealer partners in Cookout for the Troops. All marketing will direct people to this website for complete information.